Talking about Museum, Washington DC has world class Museums. They store historic, scientific, artistic, cultural interest with them. As a result of which Museums Washington DC are famous throughout the world as a Land of Museum.
National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC)
NMAAHC is the only museum that holds the evidence of African American life, history and culture. The Museum came into existence in 2003, by Act of Congress. Subsequently museum has collected around 36000 artifacts. Moreover 100,000 individuals have become members of the Museum.
Most importantly, NMAAHC stands on four pillars,
- Firstly, providing opportunities to the individuals who show interest in African American culture to explore and revel through the interactive exhibitions.
- Secondly, it helps Americans to have a clear view on on how their histories and cultures are shaped by global influences.
- Further, it explores to give a understanding of being an American and show how American values reflect African American history and culture
- Lastly, it serves as place of collaboration that reaches wide range of audiences beyond Washington DC and work with myriad of museums and various educational institutions that explore and preserve this important history.
This Museum will tell the American story through the lens of African American History and Culture.
National Air and Space Museum
The Museum maintains the world’s largest and most significant collection of aviations and space artifacts holding all aspects of human flight. Same Museum has two locations. At both locations of the same museum planetary science, space exploration and aviation are showcased. Moreover, they present programs, educational activities, lectures and performances that reflect American spirit in this museum
Mission of Museum : Commemorate, Educate, Inspire
Vision of Museum: Transforming the Natural Air and Space Museum for the future.
Smithsonian American Art Museum – Museums Washington DC
The Museum is the first nation’s first art collection. It has a record of American Experience from colonial period to current day. This museum contains largest and most comprehensive American art in the world.
It has a great collection of American Art that is worth visiting.
Arts and Industries Building – Museums Washington DC
It was the first building created solely to house the United States national museum. This Museum is the second oldest of the Smithsonian Museums of Museums Washington DC. However, it was closed for 12 years and reopened in 2015 with special roles. Subsequently, hosted several activities, including Crossline Culture Labs and The Long Conversations.
To sum up, there are many other Museums like,
- Hirshhorn Museum
- The Phillips Collection Museum
- Museum of Bible
- Freer Gallery of Art Museum
and many other museum that holds historic, scientific, artistic, cultural interest with them.
Hope this blog has provided enough information on Museums Washington DC. Have you ever visited these museums or other that is missed in this blog. Mention in the comment Section.Read another interesting blog Safaris in South Africa.